Rotorua's two well known Springs
Cole, S., Cole, D. (1985?). Rainbow and Fairy Springs. Rotorua: Rainbow and Fairy Springs.
A short 24 page publication that includes a brief history and highlights the different areas of the park. It was interesting to note that the park was opened to the public in 1928, but had admitted visitors, possibly as early as 1898. Reading about the trout, kiwi, native birds and native forest brought more of an appreciation for the amount of work that goes into maintenance and care of the enclosures and to furthering public education about the species in the park. It’s a brief and informative read with plenty of images.
|Postcard of Rotorua's Fairy Springs from the collection of Colleen Jeffrey.|
|Photo by Cherie Priest at Rainbow Springs c.1988.|